Blog Welcome

Hello! My name is Naomi Burman-Shine. Welcome to my blog!

Monday 20 July 2015

PLENTY OF VOTING, COLOURING AND ROARRRING!!!

As I mentioned in my previous blog post, Stonely’s Pet Dinosaur, my debut rhyming picture book for young children, is currently being showcased in the 2015/16 summer collection of The People’s Book Prize, where the winners are picked exclusively by the general public.





Thank you to everyone who has voted for Stonely so far! Your support for a new children’s author is much appreciated. I have received some super comments. Here are a few examples:

‘A really popular book with children at our dinosaur museum.’

‘This is a lovely book for children – it captures their attention and they really enjoyed it. I thoroughly recommend this book.’

‘Problem-solving skills! A must for our kiddos. Stonely is a perfect book for that task.’

‘My young son and daughter absolutely loved this book. The story is exciting to read and the illustrations are wonderful, complementing each part of the story. A superb book and a real must-read for all dino fans! Yabba dabba doo!’

‘Go, red dinosaur! Colourful, exciting and fantastic fun for kids. Ideal for bedtime reading and learning purposes. Recommended book.’

The general public can cast their votes until 31st August 2015. To help Stonely’s Pet Dinosaur become a finalist, I would be thrilled if you could click on the logo below to register and vote. It only takes a few minutes, and it’s free!



I’m also really excited to let you know that a Stonely’s Pet Dinosaur colouring competition is currently being featured in the Kids’ Corner section of the summer 2015 edition of the South West Wales Primary Times!




The competition closes on  Monday 17th August.





There were plenty of ferocious ROARRRS! last Wednesday when I visited Little Green Man Nursery in Leytonstone, East London, to do a staged reading of Stonely’s Pet Dinosaur.





It was an absolute pleasure to introduce Stonely and his pet dinosaur to such an attentive class of forty three- and four- year-olds! I was very impressed with the little learners, who happily listened to the story and interacted fabulously when required.




After the reading, the children were eager to take turns to bang the ‘wooden drum’ that Stonely uses in the story to wake up the snoring dinosaur






To my delight, the children all said they wanted to own a roaring, red dinosaur, just like Stonely! How wonderful is that?



After the reading session, the boys and girls enthusiastically coloured in drawings of the main dinosaur characters from the story.


                  


Thank you for inviting me, Little Green Man Nursery – I had a lovely time!


Please keep voting, colouring and roaring, everyone!!
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews