Blog Welcome

Hello! My name is Naomi Burman-Shine. Welcome to my blog!

Monday 7 September 2015

A roaring year!!!

Successful Stonely!

What an exciting year it has been for Stonelys Pet Dinosaur since its release last August.  In April, the book won the silver medal in the pre-school picture book category of The Wishing Shelf Independent Book Awards,


and now Im thrilled to announce that Stonely’s Pet Dinosaur is a finalist in The People’s Book Prize 2015/2016!

Id like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all those who voted and helped Stonely reach the finals!  I am now looking forward to wearing my posh red frock at the black-tie ceremony which takes place on 27 May 2016 at Stationers Hall in London, where the five winners will be announced!  The general public can vote for their winner(s) between 15-27 May 2016.  All votes for Stonely will be most welcome.  Please click on the logo below to vote.  It only takes a few minutes, and is free!







Dino-tastic delights!

Over the August bank holiday weekend, my family and I visited the Isle of Wight. The picturesque island has an abundance of dinosaur fossils in its cliffs and quarries. 








The coloured cliffs of Alum Bay were mesmerising!   







During our stay, we visited Dinosaur Isle - a marvellous, child-friendly museum in Sandown at the south of the island.



Stonely’s Pet Dinosaur is being sold in the gift shop of the museum,




and it was fabulous to see my book sitting comfortably on the shelf with lots of well-known dinosaur books for children! 




My sons enjoyed learning about the bones




and fossils found on the island. 

                        

























They also enjoyed dressing up as cuddly dinosaurs in the museum’s Education Room.  ROARRR!!!





Stonely’s Pet Dinosaur is also available to buy from the gift shops of Dan-yr-Ogof (the National Showcaves Centre for Wales) and Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences, University of Cambridge.


Raucous roars!

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of visiting one of my local libraries, Fullwell Cross Library in Barkingside, where I performed a reading of Stonely’s Pet Dinosaur to a captivated audience who enjoyed belting out their best dinosaur ROARRRS.



















My sons enjoyed being my loyal prop hands!  







































After the reading, I signed books


                         


and the young dinosaur fans coloured in Stonely’s Pet Dinosaur activity sheets












and played with bright balloons and inflatable dinosaurs!


Much fun was had by all.










Thank you to everyone who has supported Stonely’s Pet Dinosaur this year.

Keep on roaring!!!

Naomi x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews